Saturday, September 15, 2012

how old is your soul

 
Stressed.
Depressed.
But still well dressed.

That will be my life this upcoming week.

Recruitment is about to start and by next weekend I'll have new sorority sisters. God, I can't wait. I need this. It's scary-weird to think about how in just a few days I'll meet girls that I won't be able to imagine my life without.

I've started my internship at PATH Academy, a charter school just around the corner from mine, and I've only been there twice but I'm already in love with it all. Everyone has been so nice and welcoming and I truly believe that I can make a difference, even if it's a small one, during my time there.

This past week was real rough and I've already managed to make a mess out of some things.

I'm always tired.

It's been way too easy to stay in bed and sleep through classes.

I see myself wanting to slip into old habits, but this year has to be different.

I'll get there.

One foot in front of the other...


I'm back home tonight.

These walls are always welcoming and warm.

These people are always kind and good.

And this is why I keep going.

Because a million things can go wrong, but nothing will ever be as right as what I have here.

Tonight as I go to sleep, I'll pray that others may be so lucky as to know a love like the one I've known.

No comments:

Post a Comment