Monday, February 27, 2012

21 before 21.

I turn 21 this October. Some (most) of these things probably won't happen, but I like making lists, and I have a lot of dreams y'all...

1. Spend some time in my home state, California.

2. Own a pair of Louboutins.

3. Pick up French again, before I forget everything that I've learned.

4. Give the Star Wars movies a chance.

5. Read 5 new book series.

6. Take lots of road trips!

7. Go watch something on Broadway.

8. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.

9. Learn to cook something other than Ramen and Easy Mac.

10. Go to at least 3 concerts.

11. Try an extreme sport, like sky diving or bungee jumping.

12. Meet at least one of the loves of my life (Justin Bieber, Robert Pattinson, Ryan Gosling).

13. Learn to knit or crochet or sew or whatever it is you do with yarn.

14. Own something Chanel.

15. Know every Beatles song by heart.

16. Swim in a rooftop pool.

17. Lose at least 10 pounds.

18. Outbid someone on eBay.

19. Have the guts to read Mockingjay.

20. Stop relying on other people for my own happiness.

and lastly,

21. LEARN TO FREAKING DRIVE!

3 comments:

  1. Lol. You have a lot of hopes and dreams. Let me know if I can be of assistance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE CAN BOTH LEARN TO DRIVE!!!

    Also: I can teach you to cook something. I'm serious. We don't hang out enough, Karen, and I like to cook things.

    I can also recommend a lot of books. And volunteer with you. And watch Star Wars with you. The movies are actually really fun and silly to watch. What we should do is, we should make something wonderful that takes a while, like soup, and while we do it we can watch Star Wars. Like one time we made chili and watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy, all of them in a row. It was a beautiful Sunday. We can sort of replicate that.

    Does owning Chanel nail polish count?

    And you can teach me French and go on the stationary bikes in the gym with me. It'll be grand.

    The best thing about getting older is discovering the enormous power you have, and realizing more and more that so many things are available to you if you just try.

    Anyway, you're great, and so are lists. The end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopey -

      YESSS! Let's learn together. I kind of know the basics, because I've done it before, but it's just such a scary thing to me that I go for it and like 2 or 3 days into my lessons I just can't stick with it anymore.

      Guess what? I cooked tonight! And it was yummy. It was spaghetti and meatballs. Pasta is easy, and I've done that before, but meat is a big deal. I don't like touching the stuff...but yeah, the family had seconds and everything. And I don't think they were just being nice.

      Oh, and yes please! I like reading simple and pretty words. And things that make me cry. Can you work with that? And, okay! I'll keep an eye out and see if the CCE does work at soup kitchens. I did tons of volunteer work in high school, but never in a soup kitchen, and that's somewhere I've wanted to help out for some time. And speaking of soup, Star Wars and soup sounds lovely! We'll have to make some time for that!

      I WANT CHANEL NAIL POLISH SO BAD! One time I saw a picture of a shade of blue, kind of like the Tiffany blue, and I loved it and saved up the money for it. When I went to Nordstrom to buy it, they were out. Sometimes my life is so hard.

      Ooh-la-la. C'est une bonne pense. That's probably very, very wrong.

      I love you, Hopey.

      Delete