Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's not too late.

"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you figure out why."
- Mark Twain

I've spent the better part of my night working on an assignment I have procrastinated on. I am supposed to write a fundraising letter and a thank you letter from the point of view of a non-profit organization of my choice.

I chose the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I've always loved children.

When I was little I skipped the whole Barbie phase and only played with dolls. Like every little girl, I pretended they were my babies and I was their mommy.

Ever since then, I've known I want a couple of kids of my own. Not soon, but someday, I want a house full of happy and healthy children.

While doing research for my letters, I came upon story after story of beautiful children who have had to suffer through these life-threatening illnesses. Some children strive and beat the odds, while others are not as lucky.

The Make-A-Wish foundation helps grant the dreams of these children. Not only do they make their biggest wishes come true, but they also give them a sense of hope and happiness - they help them believe that anything and everything is possible.

I sent out an e-mail to my state's local chapter, offering to volunteer for them.

I'm also going to look into applying for an internship with them this fall.

I was born on October 7, 1991.
I might have possibly figured out why on February 22, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment