Sunday, April 29, 2012

i want to linger a little longer here with you

All of the feelings.

ALL OF THEM.

Tonight was Senior Send On. Every Tri-Sigma senior writes a beautiful letter or will of things they would like to leave the rest of the chapter. Most of the items are cute little things like humor or sass or things of that nature. Others are actual physical objects like cardboard cutouts of Edward Cullen.

My Big is the best.

It's safe to assume I cried throughout the entire night.

All of our seniors are such beautiful people. I don't want them to leave, but I understand how time works. Their time here is up. They need to move and accomplish bigger and better things out there wherever there is. I wish I could keep them forever, because I'm selfish, but now is as good a time as any to practice the art of sharing.

It's going to be weird not being greeted by one of Melinda's kisses on the cheek on a regular basis.

I can't believe how proud I am of Liz and the person she is. She's so loving and caring and I'm glad she only lives 9 exits away from me.

My cute little LeeAnn who left me everything. Ugh, she's such a beautiful person. I wish we could have spent more time together here, but I'll always cherish the moments we shared.

Sarah, who is quite possibly the happiest person I know. So much of that girl's life revolves around making others smile. She's the best.

Whitney seriously needs to keep on singing and playing the flute and upload the videos on YouTube or something, because I love watching her on stage, and I'm glad I was able to go to her last concert here.

There's also Marlena, who's always been nothing but sweet with me. I plan on making frequent visits to her place to watch Grey's Anatomy episodes and eat all of her yummy food. All of it.

Chelsea is such a bad ass. I love and admire her so much, I'm also proud of her and the transformation she went through right before all of our eyes.

Oh, Lisa. My beautiful, Lisa. She is one of my role models. There are few people I feel I can trust completely, and she is definitely one of them. I want to be as understanding and noble and she is one day. She is such a rock. I don't even want to try to begin to accept the fact that she won't be here next year.

And lastly, my Big, Becca. I have a copy of her will and I keep on rereading it and the tears won't stop. I don't think she'll ever really know what she means to me. I don't like writing about it because no words will ever do my feelings and love justice.

After chapter a bunch of us went to Starbucks and I kind of wanted to cry some more at how much I love each of the women that were crowded around our little table.

Sometimes I don't understand how I got to be so lucky. I'm surrounded by the best people out there - I'm sure of it.

The year is almost over. I have finals and papers and projects due left and right throughout the week.

This is really happening. We're in the final stretch.

Once again, all of the feelings. ALL OF THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment