Thursday, April 12, 2012

you is kind you is smart you is important

I started off writing about how angry I was at my parents. And through the tears my fingers were just moving all on their own and I was typing up all these things I didn't really mean and my words were coming from a place of frustration but I just needed to vent.

I tried to talk to them about school and me switching my major. And about possibly living in my sorority house next year. And about just wanting to talk to my doctor about different tests I would like to have done.

All of these are pretty heavy topics in their respective ways. And it was totally a bad idea to bring them up all at once, but at the moment my thought process made sense.

The conversation just led to me feeling like they weren't getting it. It was almost like they weren't even trying to understand where I was coming from.

So, my very mature 20 year old self stormed out of the room with big, fat tears rolling down my face.

And there I was blogging and crying and being all angst-like when my mom comes into my room and gives me a hug.

And she tells me that she loves me. And she asks me if I know that. And I tell her I do. And she asks me if I love her back. And then my heart breaks a little because if there is one thing that I know to be true in my heart of hearts it is that I have never loved anyone more than I love my mother. And I know the questions were rhetorical but I didn't like them. I just replied that yes, I do love her.

And she tells me that just like I want them to understand where I'm coming from, I have to try to understand where they are coming from too. And how both her and my dad live for Bryan, Erik, and me. She says that they'll always only want what is best for me - that they'll always be on my side. And she says that if I need help, they'll get me help. And she reminds me that there is nothing God can't do. And I believe her. And I believe in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment