Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Turn Around.

It's official. Well, it's official in my mind.

I'm switching my major.

Registration for upcoming Juniors was today and I signed up for 2 classes that will count towards my new communications major.

I'm excited. And scared.

I'm excited because I think I'll be good in these classes. I feel like I'll really like and enjoy them.

The reasons why I'm scared list is way longer.

I don't think I'll finish this major in two years. A professor told me it can be done, but I'm a little skeptical if I can do it. I've also wasted the classes I've taken towards my old major - business. The same professor suggested getting a business minor, but that would mean still having to take two more accounting classes amongst a couple of other mathematically inclined ones. Uhh, no thanks.

My dad and I talked about this today. I told him how I felt bad about wasting their money, because part of me feels like that is what these past two years have been. I told him I didn't know if him and my mom would approve, and that's why I hadn't talked to them about it.

He told me exactly what the other part of me feels like.

He said it was better to waste two years than to spend an entire life time on something that wasn't going to make me happy. And he also said stuff about those two years not really being a waste because I learned and experienced new things and blah blah blah. You know, just my dad being a dad.

He said he wants me to have outlines and details and a plan and he wants me to sit down with him and my mom when I'm home this weekend because they just want to be imformed.

Today has been long, even though I only went to one of my classes.

I'm scared that I'm reaching the point in one of them where I've realized I'm doing poorly and I just want to give up on it all together. I don't want this to happen, though. There's still a good month or so of school left, so I know I can manage a decent grade. But it seriously takes a ridiculous amount of effort to go to that class.

This week is Greek Week at my school. I haven't been the most active sister this year, let alone during Greek Week activities, but my whole life has been very much like a soap opera since this school year started up until now. Like, seriously you guys. I've caught Chelsea up on recent events and she went ahead and gave my soap opera a name: Karen's Room. But in Spanish so it's like a real Telenovela: El Cuarto de Karen.

Chelsea and I just ordered a pizza. It was half covered in animal bits, and half covered in vegetables. The animal bits part is all mine.

Now she's introducing me to The Breakfast Club. She says it's funny because they never actually eat breakfast. Now I'm super curious.

The rest of this week is going to feel just as long as today.

I'd say I can't wait for the weekend, but honestly, I can't wait for this summer.

I'm going to miss this place and these people and the hundreds and thousands of good moments and memories, but I'm ready to be home for an extended amount of time and I'm ready to be done with classes and hard crap.

I'm excited for August.

I'm excited for new beginnings.

This school year has been just too much cray for my personal liking.

Oh, a very good thing that happened this weekend: Baby Cousin Steven turned one.


No comments:

Post a Comment