Sunday, April 8, 2012

your soul is rooting for you

There's this thing I do every now and then where I start pulling away from the people around me.

Not entirely, but all of a sudden I feel myself wanting to be less attached.

I don't want to label it as a defense mechanism, although that's probably what it is. But yeah, maybe it isn't. I'm not necessarily like, "Oh, I don't want to get close to people because they'll just hurt me and leave me and blah blah blah." No. The people I've loved the most have never left me. Maybe it's because they're my parents and my brothers, so they're kind of stuck with me.

I just can't quite put my finger on it.

I don't understand why I'm doing this now.

I mean, come on Karen! The semester is almost over. You should be enjoying this last month with all your sisters and friends. Your timing sucks, girl.

Maybe I'm not as complex as I like to think I am and it is totally a defense mechanism.

Maybe it's like I'm starting to slowly prepare myself for all the good-byes I'll have to endure in the next few weeks so they won't hurt as much?

Protect oneself above all else and all of that.

1 comment:

  1. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close all over this blog yeaaah. But really, Karen, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and you just can't worry too much about the reasons behind it. It'll come to you, maybe? Stuff like that normally does. For me, anyway.

    ReplyDelete