Saturday, April 14, 2012

this little light of mine

My mom is coming back into town after serving at a weekend retreat for just under a hundred new women at our church tomorrow. She is the retreat coordinator, which means she had to plan it all out perfectly. She also had to give a few of the lectures or sermons or classes or whatever they're called, so she's had her hands full for a while putting this all together.

I wasn't able to go this time, but I get to help in getting everything ready for their welcoming back tomorrow, so that's exciting.

Next month the men go out on their retreat, and my dad's coordinating that one.

It's safe to say my parents are pretty important people.

Speaking of my pops, he's preaching again tomorrow. I'm really excited for him. He's such a natural at speaking in front of crowds. Our church has about 1,000 members, but since tomorrow is a special service, we're expecting a few hundred more. There's also our local TV station which airs the services live, the church's radio station which plays the services live, and the website, where people can again, watch the services live. Putting all those numbers together, my dad's audience will be well over 2,000 people.

He's such a big deal.

On a different note, I've been baby sitting Baby Cousin Steven a lot lately. His mom has been having a hard time, so I'm more than happy to help out. It makes me extra tired, because he has 10 times the energy I remember Erik having when he was 1 year old, but that baby has me so tightly wrapped around his little finger that it's all worth it in the end.

I haven't been too attentive to my planner as of late, so it hasn't really hit me that school is almost out. I think I have like two full weeks of classes left, and then finals, and then I'm done. That's so crazy.

This summer looks like it will involve a lot more of Baby Cousin Steven in my life.

That sounds so wonderful and exhausting all at the same time.

Let's see...

I don't really have anything else to say, but I don't want to stop writing.

Oh, okay, I know!

I was reading a list a few days ago about the 10 most popular blogs for college girls. I checked them all out...OHMYGAWDTHEYWERESOSTUPID.

Like, I know that's mean and harsh and I totally shouldn't criticize other's writings or whatever because here I am writing about my not so spectacular life and who else wants to read about my day besides my family in Guatemala who can't even read English so what's the point, right?

But seriously.

Each blog had stuff like, tips on how to get rid of a hangover. And the boys you should hook up with vs. the ones you shouldn't. And how you should befriend the nerds so they can take your notes and do your homework. And just stupid crap like that.

I don't really know why they made me so angry.

Maybe because I think these are the types of blogs that belong on that list:

http://astoryasneak.wordpress.com/
http://susurratim.blogspot.com/
http://jsabree.wordpress.com/
http://forwardjanet.blogspot.com/
http://caseofthetuesdays.blogspot.com/
http://crosskitelines.blogspot.com/

I don't think I'm being biased just because I know each one of these spectacular people. I'd rather read their beautiful words than an article about how to get rid of a hickey quickly or how to hide your grades from your parents or how to learn to hold your liquor to impress people.

I promise I'm not as superficial as some tend to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment